What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Fuselage -- Where to start

jtop

Where the heck do I start? I've been reading and reading and can't seem to find a good place to get going. The wing instructions have a note to quickbuilders but there isn't one in the fuse section.

Am I missing something? I will gladly accept advice or opinions

:confused:

-jt

Start going through the instructions as though you where building a standard kit (not QB) checking off the work that has already been done. Before long, you will start finding things that have not been done.

Start going through the instructions as though you where building a standard kit (not QB) checking off the work that has already been done. Before long, you will start finding things that have not been done.

Rick's right on. Be careful if you decide to skip around...you'll find that if you do, you may have to undo something to put something else in - like if you rivet the floor pans in and skip over the instructions talking about adding the steps (yes, I'm talking to you Steve). :D

I bought my QB from a previous builder. I started at the beginning of the manual and checked off what was done by the factory, what items were done by the previous builder and what things I wanted to redo.

I would write on the aluminum the part number as it gets a little confusing sometime when the manual keeps referring to C-666 and you have to keep checking back to find out what part they are talking about.

Eventually it starts making sense and a picture develops of what you are to do next.

I followed the chapters as outlined in the manual although I've seen others do things in a different order. ie. I did the canopy before any engine and FWF stuff.

Hope this helps,

Darren

Agree with Rick. I also used my instructions as my builders log. Checked off work as completed with a time value beside it.

Also during the Fuselage work, you'll begin to notice that Van is done holding your hand. It's time to feed yourself, so starting the day right with a bowl full of VAF.;)

Thanks for the tips...

Guess I'll just have to start reading and checking things off. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something. I've done slowbuild for everything else so this is new to me (quickbuilding).

Back