What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB fuse on its way

Wyzepilot

After 7 months of waiting, my QB fuse should be arriving in short order. I have just a few questions for those who have gone before me. Without getting into a war over whether or not to insulate I'm leaning towards not insulating. I'm curious if anyone out there chose not to insulate and regrets making that decision?
When I first took delivery of my QB wings there was a list of "easter eggs" tasks that were sort of skipped over. While I plan on doing a through inspection and go over each step of the manual it was nice to have a heads up. Does such a list exist for the fuselage?
And lastly where in the manual does The QB portion end and my work begin. Again I will start at the beginning and go over every step to learn and inspect, I'm just curious where the real fun begins. Thanks..

Dave

Eggs

I found several but the one I would note is that they used an470 rivets on the vertical bulkheads where the cabin top will fit in. They are supposed to be an426 flush rivets. Not a big deal to drill them out and replace them. If you try to fit the cabin top with the button head rivets in place it will be even more frustrating and you will grind off more of the cabin top than you need to.

Back