What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Fuse Maximum Width

ChrisL

I am due to recieve my QB kit early next week and am working on building a platform for the Fuselage. I noticed that the dimensions from Vans mention a 43" width, but have noticed a small strip sticking out from the wing root area which looks like it would increase the overall width ~ 2" on each side.

Anyone able to take a measurement from the widest point on the underside?

Thanks,
Chris

Build the platform wider

Build the platform wider so you can have something to stand on while leaning over the side. You will spend hours leaning over the side if you go with a fixed platform.

I am stuck with a 4' wide base. I just need to know whether the fuse will be 43"-48" (somewhere in there I hope).

Chirs

I am stuck with a 4' wide base. I just need to know whether the fuse will be 43"-48" (somewhere in there I hope).

Chirs
The fuse is somewhere in that range. If you're building a platform or cart for the fuselage, check out Bill Repucci's version. It has worked great for me, all the way up through the point where the plane gets put on the gear. Don't build it too wide, though, or you may not be able to test fit the wings with it on the platform. Ideally, the platform is a couple inches narrower than the fuse and built relatively low to the ground to allow you to reach into the fuselage.

Here's Bill's (scroll down to "rolling fuselage stand")...
http://www.repucci.com/bill/things_to_consider.html#Roll Around Fuselage Stand

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back