What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB fuse arriving. Timing on finish kit??

My QB fuse arrives this month and another builder asked when I'm ordering my finish kit. I have no idea how much I have left on the fuse with the QB.

I know it's a super general question, but what would be some suggestions on finish kit timing. I'm working on my plane about 15-20 hours a week, but I'm slow.

Thoughts?

I purchased a kit from another builder that was essentially in QB state. Empanage done but needed doubler SB. Wings needed two skins riveted on each and fuselage was tubbed and ready to rivet the top skins once all the internal work (e.g. AD-AHRS) was done.

I mostly work on it on weekends so it took me about a year to get it ready for the finishing kit, which I ordered last December and received in mid-February.

I'd estimate I have 500 to 550 hours invested, not including the finishing kit, which will likely take another 8 to 10 months.

Last edited:
Finish kit

I just ordered mine and it should be home about the right time.
Order when you get to the wing joining stage. The wings come back off just about when the finish kit arrives.

Back