What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB F-824b Cover Plate hardware Q

flydjd

Well Known Member
Hi All,

On Dwg 44 the hardware callout for attaching the cover plate on each side show 4 x K1100-06 nutplates for the AN507-6R6 screws but having looked through all my hardware AND having checked all my Emp/fuselage and finish kit lists I cannot either locate these nutplates or any ref to them in the lists....

Is this a packing oversight OR did other QB's come with these 8 nutplates already installed ?

If anyone can help as of course its the start of the weekend so I cannot call Vans until Monday evening ( due European location !)

Thks and rgds to all
David

Hi David,

I see you have not got a reply as yet, sorry I cant help that much as im going the slow build road myself.

Yes , the plans call for k1100-6 nut plates, but I dont see a problem if you have some k1100-8 nut plates, you would just have to go up one size.

*update* I was able to look at a 7 QB today, yes you get the -6 nut plates with your kit ( you have to install them ) I still think -8 will work also.

Last edited:
Back