What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Q: RV-10 rudder pedal jig not equal

fehdxl

Well Known Member
So, I'm exposing my inability to drill straight up while standing on my head with a pan-adapter drill bit...but now that that's out there, I have a question for those who have done this before me.

The F-1093 Rudder Pedal Jig is aligned by the forward holes in the longeron. On the left side, my jig overhangs 1/8" outboard of the longeron; on the right side, 5/16". They should be the same... :-(

Does anyone remember or have a picture of where it should be positioned so that I can drill those twelve rudder pedal attach holes in the correct place? Or alternatively, how much edge distance is there on the aft most hole?

Thanks!

-Jim

Jim,

Jump ahead to section 38, page 4, step 5.

You'll notice that the 1039B's can be used as a template to validate edge distance. This is the actual plate that bolts into those holes. The outside edge is flush to the longeron (so the skin can lay flat). Don't forget you're going to debur the edge of the 1039's, so you'll want to either debur them now or allow some margin for it.

That'll tell you exactly where those holes belong.

Rudder_Pedal_Plans.jpg

Does that make sense?

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks Phil, that helped a lot and I drilled them tonight...small progress every day. Jim

Back