What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Pursuit of Flight" problem

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone but me having problems with the sound on the PoF video? I am getting a reverb so strong I can't understand the voiceover. Tried a few other videos and sources and have no problems with them. Ideas?

Bob Kelly

Yeah... Last night - first I only had audio - but no picture. I messed with it for a while... then realizing I did not have the latest quicktime version - downloaded 7.1something. Now I get nadda. Zippo... no sound... no picture.

Very bummed. :(

I DO get an error message that says that there is an error with a plug-in on the site... whatever the heck that means.

Any ideas from our I.T. wizards out there?

Well - maybe I'll have better luck on my office computer. So, hi-ho, hi-ho... etc. etc.

Thanks! DJ

Worked last night...

...from home.

Could be the site is getting hammered. It's a 48MB video file I'm told.

b,
dr

If it helps at all, my Quicktime
is version 7.0.4 and it works fine.
About a month ago, I had to
upgrade to this version to view
another video in quicktime.
Tom

I upgraded and still can't get it to work. I can hear the audio, but not see the video. Quicktime is the worst video player made by man.

Bob Collins said:
I had the same problem last night. It said a component of Quiktime was missing and unfortunately the proper plug-in is not available. Odd. I gave up.
Yeah... that is the same error message I saw initially last night when I was receiving audio only. Now that I have upgraded to the latest Quicktime... I don't see or hear anything!

(It is however working here on my "work" computer... which has an older version of QT. Riddle me that one batman.)

Need 2 passes

Tried to view this last night and got only the video. Tried today on a laptop with the latest Quicktime download and got only audio. Maybe I just need to view side-by-side. Looks like a well-done production but it sure would be nice to see it all together.

UPDATE: Tried the alternate .mov link and it finally launched. Very cool vido. This ought to make a great series.

Last edited:
I had to update my QT player to 7.1.3 to get everythign working. I don't use QT much so was behind a little.

Nice video, worth a little extra effort.

Try Videolan

I use VLC media player with no problems. Just google "VLC", download.com also has it. I have found this to be the only player that plays virtually any video file, from DVD's to downloaded stuff, and it's free!
Just right-click the .mov link posted earlier in this thread, then "save as" or "save link as".

FWIW, once I updated QT my machine required a reboot. Before rebooting it I was getting the "not available on the quicktime server" error.

I just looked at the video with a MAC OS10.3 and it was perfect, except for the slow down load speed of the satellite internect connection. I had to wait at times for the data to come in as it played it faster than the down load.

Great video.

Back