What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Purchased an IO360!

randyintejas

Well Known Member
After fretting, shopping, raising money, trying to hold the pen steady as I wrote the check, I finally found and paid for an engine!
I ended up with a 1st run A1A 360 case with all new parts: AFP FI, Lycon Pistons 9:5:1, Lycoming Cylinders from Lycon and with a superior horizontal cold air sump, all balanced and flowed. Went with Mags for now but, will switch to EI after my 40 is done.
Magnum Engines
I won?t tell you what I paid, I will make you sick! :D

After fretting, shopping, raising money, trying to hold the pen steady as I wrote the check, I finally found and paid for an engine!
I ended up with a 1st run A1A 360 case with all new parts: AFP FI, Lycon Pistons 9:5:1, Lycoming Cylinders from Lycon and with a superior horizontal cold air sump, all balanced and flowed. Went with Mags for now but, will switch to EI after my 40 is done.
Magnum Engines
I won?t tell you what I paid, I will make you sick! :D

Ha! I won't tell you what I just paid for my engine either, but it made me sick. :eek:

Engine

I picked up angle valve Lycon built ( 250 HP on Lycon's dyno ) got a great deal on this zero time engine . Funny thing ,everyone complaines about the cost of an engine but when good deals come around they turn into " tire kickers " . I have a zero SMOH 540 for sale , new factory cylinders , fuel injected, for less than $24,500 Including shipping !!!! Some interested parties ,some have to discuss it with the wife !( still available )
I am building a slow build , the money I saved vs quick build payed for my engine and the cost of shipping a quick build is money toward a prop. The cost to build can be high or low , it pays to look for deals .

Russ, this was a right time and place kind of deal. I just happen to call Magnum engines the same day they received a call from a customer stating he could no longer afford the engine he purchased and to please sell it.
I would still give Gene at Magnum a call and See what he can do for you. Magnumengine.com

Back