What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pulse/landing light wires 40-05

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I got shorted! While stringing the wire for the right wing, there was not enough 18 gage wirt to reach two wires to the light! I suppose I could just put the light a little closer inboard, but that would probably not pass my ELSA status. Has anybody else found the wire supplied was not long enough?

whick kit are you installing?

are you using wire in the light kit or wing kit? i do not recall running a light wire during the wing build, just a string to pull wire in later. the wire in the wing kit is to make the contact plates and stall warning wire..fyi.

I am using the light kit wire. But now that you mention it, I think I used light kit wire for the stall warning as well, maybe THAT is why I ran out, and that is about the length I am short!. Got to check, it might have been MY mistake (like most all the other "mistakes" I have accused Vans of making).

A Little Pre-Alzheimers Probably Kicking In

I found this morning a hunk of wire, that I had labeled "Right Wing Nav Light Wire" in the lighting box! I then remembered when doing the left wing, the instructions said to cut BOTH nav light wires to length at that time. I had forgotten that, so no problem at all, got more than enough wire for everything now!

Back