What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pulsar NS Series LED Lights

mikemalone

For those of you who have installed these Navigation/Anticollision lights, the instructions say to use 3 x 6-32 screws to attach the 3-holed bracket to the wingtip. Did you attach the bracket only to the fibreglass wingtip or did you install a fabricated aluminium bracket, with platenuts attached, on the inside of the fibreglass wingtip, to add greater strength? Any help much appreciated.

I made a backing plate

I made a backing plate...

img2180t.jpg

Workbench Paper

Stephen,

I saw how you have temporarily applied paper to the top of your workbench. Where do you get the paper? What kind of tape have you found holds it best to the wood?

Thanks,
Matt

Workbench paper...

Stephen,

I saw how you have temporarily applied paper to the top of your workbench. Where do you get the paper? What kind of tape have you found holds it best to the wood?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt, I used rolls or floor covering paper found at Home Depot and Lowes... very thick and was great for taking notes on and soaking up mess. I just used blue painters tape for easy removal.

Thanks for that Stephen. What kind of platenuts did you use that allowed you to attach the grounding lead? Also, is there a grommet protecting the bundle of cables?

Mike

just a longer screw...

Thanks for that Stephen. What kind of platenuts did you use that allowed you to attach the grounding lead? Also, is there a grommet protecting the bundle of cables?

Mike

No special platenut... just use a longer mounting screw and a couple of washers to sandwich the lead. No grommet but you need to make the passthrough hole slotted to accommodate the light attachment as it mates to the bracket then slides back and is fixed with a set screw (obvious with the parts in hand).

Back