What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pulling those tiny rivets

EastCoastFlyer

Friend
My rivet puller will only sometimes grab the 1/16" shank on the CCR-264SS-3-2 rivets used for nutplates. Does anybody know where to get a rivet puller that will pull 1/16" shank rivets??

I used a hand puller from Home Depot and had no problems. It was the one with the swivel head and various size nose pieces.

The key is to use the right size nose piece - if yours doesn't have one that small, or it got lost (check under the dark recesses of the workbench, gaurded by spides....), get a new pulle that does - they are pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the quick responses!! I think the problem with my puller is that the jaws do not close down enough to grab the small shank. Gonna try getting a different puller.

Counter-intuitively, a bit of lubrication on those jaws helps them grip better.

Adjust it

Thanks for the quick responses!! I think the problem with my puller is that the jaws do not close down enough to grab the small shank. Gonna try getting a different puller.

They're adjustable. Mine wouldn't let go of the shank after it broke. I called the distributor and he told me how to loosen the locknut after you remove the nosepiece and loosen or tighten the body (pneumatic puller).

Check your instructions..

Best,

Back