What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PTT switch always on

patterson

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi Guys,
I decided to replace the PTT switch on my Infinity grip in hopes of solving my intermittent transmit problems with my Comm radio. After doing the soldering the new switch now is always HOT and only stops transmitting when I push it. It's not grounded out that I can see, no wires are touching on the switch. Once I push in the switch on the pilot stick, then I can use the back seat PTT switch and it transmits fine.:confused:
Any ideas on where to look would be appreciated.
Ron
N8ZD

Could you have the wrong type of switch? They come normally open, or normally closed. You need normally open.

The infinity switches have 3 contacts on them usually. One is normally open to center and one is normally closed to center, IIRC. I think you soldered it on the wrong side.

You were right

Bob, Jesse,
It turned out I did get a different switch after all. Both were numbered 8632. I didn't check it before soldering it because it looked exactly the same and had the same part number. It was always on if wired as it was from Infinity. Switched terminal 1 for terminal 3 and all is well. I should have checked it. Thanks for the help.
Ron

Back