What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PTT for Rear Seater

szicree

Well Known Member
How many folks are wiring a PTT for the rear seater? I bought matching grips for both sticks, but am now wondering whether there is any good reason to hook up the rear.

Steve Zicree
RV4

A PTT in the rear hole is good for emergencies.

Then again, sometimes I have another pilot in the rear seat, and they can use the radio also.

Jeff

PTT in rear seat

If you're blabbing with other RVators on air-to-air comm and the backseater doesn't have a PTT, the backseater can feel a bit isolated.

Ppt

I always remove my rear stick whenever giving rides to non pilots. I did put a PPT in for the rear seat and located it on the bulkhead that supports the Rollover bar. I take out the rear stick because I don't want any surprises should the passenger panic for any reason and makes an abrut control change. I also have a removeable Throttle in the rear on the left side.

PTT and trim thoughts rear

For my tandem 8:
I needed GIB(guy in back) to be able to talk to the flight (wingman)
Needed Young Eagles to be able to fly but not dork up the trim and PTT.

I have a switch on the panel that activates the gnd for the rear stick so I can control the GIB activities. The rear stick switch controls are dead unless I switch it on. ;)

This sw would be unnessary for a Side by Side

Kahuna

Back