What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prospective Builder

MeSteve

I'm New Here
I didn't see a dedicated welcome forum, so I guess I will post here.

I stumbled across the RV lineup while doing some basic research on homebuilts and have continued to narrow in on the -10 for the reasons one seems to gravitate towards it: seats, payload, and speed. Anyways, I find myself in a peculiar predicament. I am Active Duty Air Force stationed in Hawaii, but would like to see/touch/feel/etc. a -10 before committing money and there appears to be a distinct lack of RV builder here. To make things a bit more confusing, I am currently deployed, but plan on passing through the Baltimore and Chicago areas en route back to Hawaii late April or early May.

I am curious if there is anyone nearby either of those places that has a completed or mostly complete -10 they would be willing to show off for a couple of hours.

Thanks.

Welcome Steve.

Welcome to the very best RV site on the planet, and thanks so much for your service.

I've owned my -10 for 7 years now and the love affair still grows! 4 big guys aboard and still do right at 200 MPH....can't beat it.

Best,

Welcome to VAF!

Steve, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

If you happen to end up in the Sacramento area on your trip back home this spring, I can give you a look at a 10.

Van's eastcoast rep. , Mitch Locke is in St. Mary's City, MD and he has a 10 last I heard, for check out flights.

The head of EAA 571 based out of Annapolis has a -7 and might know of other -10s around our patch - I don't.

You might google their site and shoot him an email. He comes up here but might not see your post in this section.

FWIW, I chose my kit on deployment to the dirt box also. Funny how that works.

Good luck

If you can arrange a 5 -6 hour layover at SFO (OAK even better) I'd be happy to give you a ride in my -10.

Another prospective builder here

My wife and I are gearing up to build a -10 as well. Just joined the VAF today and looking for other -10 builders in the SW Ohio area.

OrbitalMike

Hey, welcome aboard. I am building a -10 near Sunman, Indiana. If you care to take a look, let me know...

Since your flight path will probably cross over me in Portland, OR enroute to Hawaii, you are welcome to come by and take a flight in my -10 anytime! The aircraft is everything Vans advertises it to be.

David

My wife and I are gearing up to build a -10 as well. Just joined the VAF today and looking for other -10 builders in the SW Ohio area.

Mike,

There a four flying RV-10s in the Columbus area and several kits in progress.

I'm sure we're can coordinate getting a ride in one of them. We tend to go fly every weekend when the wx cooperates for either lunch or breakfast someplace. I'm imagine it would take much to convince us to go to Sporty's or Lunken.

Bob

I appreciate the offers and suggestions, please keep them coming if you think of any more. Unfortunately, I am not certain how much flexibility I will have with the tickets so I don't want to stray too far from known hubs/layovers (man will it be nice when that isn't a consideration).

I'm sure we're can coordinate getting a ride in one of them. We tend to go fly every weekend when the wx cooperates for either lunch or breakfast someplace. I'm imagine it would take much to convince us to go to Sporty's or Lunken.

Bob

Bob, I would definitely like to take you up on that. If you will be going to Sportys (or Hamilton KHAO) let me know. I also may be going up to KOSU in a week or two.

thanks,

Mike

Bob, I would definitely like to take you up on that. If you will be going to Sportys (or Hamilton KHAO) let me know. I also may be going up to KOSU in a week or two.

thanks,

Mike

Our weekend flights tend to be places that also serve food and are highly dependent on the weather. This time of year is hard to predict and every thing is last minute.

There are two RV-10s at KDLZ, which is just a few minutes further north if you're flying. Email me when you know your plans.

bob

Back