What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prosealess flap trailing edges

Robert M

Well Known Member
Has anyone built their flap trialing edges without proseal? I built my ailerons, one with and one without. One is just as straight as the other but the one built with the proseal was a lot messier. So if I had my druthers on the flaps.......

Anyone?! Anyone?!

I also did not use proseal. I had a very straight and flat fixture for assembling the flaps and they came out straight as can be. My experience only. Yours may vary.

No Proseal

I just finished mine without Proseal and they are straight. Used a long piece of polished steel angle as a backriveting plate (and to keep the edge straight), weighted the flaps well, and "jumped around" on the rivet pattern.

...Joe

proseal----or not?

I didn't use proseal on any trailing edges on my 9A, and didn't have any problems. The riveting is more difficult, but take your time, and soon it becomes less so, and I think the finished job looks better without the proseal. :)

I kinda figured as much. I have this belief...... If you think something can be done a certain way and someone else agrees with you, than sure enough it can be done - whether it can be done or not!:D:D

Thanks guys. With this information I will press on and have both of my flaps finished tomorrow, (later today, Friday 6-20).

Prosealess flaps trailing edges

UPDATE: Worked great, no curves, bends or warps. The flaps are as straight as the table I built them on.

Back