What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

propeller

naducine

I'm New Here
Hello every body
I planned to install a lycoming IO 540 D4A5 on my RV10 and would like to fit it with a Whirlwind propeller .
Did any builder has allready done it ?
Will appreciate any information

Best rgds.
Naducine

I have the WW prop three blade. Ot yet flying but hopefully in a month I will be. There was a couple factors of why I went that way. The Hazel is a great prop also but it is all personsel preference on what you choose. I chose a 3 blade because I live at 7200' elevation, I choose composite blade because the edges hold up better and for weight, this is my personal opinion.

Hello every body
I planned to install a lycoming IO 540 D4A5 on my RV10 and would like to fit it with a Whirlwind propeller .
Did any builder has allready done it ?
Will appreciate any information

Best rgds.
Naducine

Reach out to Rick Gray. He's placed them on several aircraft.

I'll have one in a few weeks. My 10 has been flying since '08, so I should be able to report back soon.

To answer Mr. Froehlich's question: Weight. A 20 lb lighter prop allows carrying that much more. Important to me with two young but growing children. My battery is firewall mounted, keeping the CG in family with the stock heavy prop configuration. That in turn allows short runs of the big wires. Win, win, win.

Back