What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop touch-up

Dgamble

Well Known Member
I'm starting to see some chips in the black paint on the back of the prop, just below the leading edge. The Tempo A-150 paint suggested by Sensenich is relatively cheap and easy to find, but I'm not thrilled with having to buy $60+ worth of West System 105/206 epoxy to fill such small areas.

Has anyone found an equivalent that sells by, say, an ounce rather than by the quart?

I'm starting to see some chips in the black paint on the back of the prop, just below the leading edge. The Tempo A-150 paint suggested by Sensenich is relatively cheap and easy to find, but I'm not thrilled with having to buy $60+ worth of West System 105/206 epoxy to fill such small areas.

Has anyone found an equivalent that sells by, say, an ounce rather than by the quart?

Might try Loehle Aircraft. They have been really helpful regarding my attemps at figuring out the painting issues and suppying small quanities.

Dave, I've successfully used JB Weld to repair small dings in composite and wooden props.

--
Joe
Ah, that would work. I'm going to need some of that to finish up my oil preheater install anyway.

Back