What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Selection

Oh ok, I didn't know. I was curious if you set it up for a slight quicker Cruise? And if so what is the cruise speed.

Also can someone tell me how to find the older rv12 posts? Is there an archive somewhere?

Jim.

Jim,

Click on "Advanced Search" under the "Search" button at the top of the forum page. Spend some time experimenting with different types of searches. It is a very powerful tool.

After some prop tweaking, and with wheel pants, my RV-12 cruises at just about 120 KTAS at 8000 ASL. This is at an RPM near the top of the green.

John

Dave,

Check my log entry for May 7th. That's the last time I tweaked the prop. The numbers may have changed a litlle after prop balancing (which I highly recommend) and engine break-in. Next time I fly in smooth air I'll get some new numbers. Hope this helps.

John

Congratulations on the award and trophy John, well deserved recognition! I still like your paint job best of all I have seen (maybe I am just partial to blue).
I would like to see your current numbers as well when you get a chance to record them.

Dave,

Check my log entry for May 7th. That's the last time I tweaked the prop. The numbers may have changed a litlle after prop balancing (which I highly recommend) and engine break-in. Next time I fly in smooth air I'll get some new numbers. Hope this helps.

John

Back