What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop questions

blandess

....I know what engine I want...most likely an angle valve Lycoming IO-360 or the IO-390 depending on how much more it is. I want a CS prop and was planning on the Hartzell BA but now know there are probably reputable experimental prop manufacturers that I can go with and avoid the $8000 dollar price tag of a certified Hartzell. :eek:

Input anyone?

Bo

That?s not going to happen, there all 7500 and up before you buy the governor. Sorry! I do enjoy the reduced weight of the MT on the nose of my -4. Buy the one that fits your needs/wants but there all going to cost you.

Thats what I was figuring... What about speed vs fuel consumption in CS and fixed pitch categories? Big difference with same engine or no? My old supervisor has a GlasAir III with a IO-540 and race prop(it IS a race plane though) and he said he has no problems getting it to do 260mph. I know CS is heavier, more money and more parts BUT is it THAT much more fuel efficient to outweigh a fixed pitch?

Back