What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Governors

Builders?.
I'm currently getting ready to build my engine (for my RV-8) and while getting
ready for assembly, I had a post from another builder/friend that indicated that he was aware of a recent installation on an RV-7, that the MT prop governor was less than desirable; do to it sounding like a power steering pump gone bad and the inability to maintain RMP on final unless RPM was increased. Van?s catalogue states: ?The MT governor is a recently offered unit from Van's that is very high quality and lighter in weight than either of the other brands and less expensive.? Now, like most, I don?t take everything at face value, but this is the first instance I?ve heard that the MT Governor has had any issues (This may just be a case of one unit being a lemon). Since I?ve already purchased it, I plan to go ahead and install it unless I hear enough credible argument to reconsider. If anyone would care to comment, I would be grateful for your ?Pearls of Wisdom? Thanx? Phred

Keep it

Fred Hollendorfer said:
Builders?.
I'm currently getting ready to build my engine (for my RV-8) and while getting
ready for assembly, I had a post from another builder/friend that indicated that he was aware of a recent installation on an RV-7, that the MT prop governor was less than desirable; ?Pearls of Wisdom? Thanx? Phred
Phred, It is a winner, keep it (sorry Carr). George

Back