What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop balancing recommended?

Another recommendation to definitely balance. Usually weights are added to your ring gear, as most have 1/4" holes every 30 degrees.

I've had my prop balanced on every one of my builds, and I'll have it done on the -12 as soon as I get it painted. It usually makes a significant difference in the vibrations you feel and it's got to be better for the engine and the airframe.

I had my prop balanced during my 1st conditional inspection. Very happy I did and have been recommending this to every aircraft owner I know

Last edited:
Absolutely the right thing to do. Your engine will feel smoother. There will be fewer cracks in things like baffles. The bearings in your engine will thank you. I have had it done on every aircraft I have owned. The last one was my 10 and although it did not require any balancing I at least know its good. Also if you are near Walt give him a call, he will treat you right and he is a very good technician.

Back