What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop area washers

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
The plans call for the 2" diameter washers with a 0-360 engine. We have the Superior IO-360. The problem is that the 2" washers does not fit onto the flat part of the spinner plate. Do we use the set of slightly smaller washers provided or file off some of the 2" washer to make it fit?

I used the belt sander to grind a flat approx 1/2" long on the side of my washers. I'm running the Sensenich prop. The bigger problem is keeping the washers from rotating when you tighten the bolts.

Steve

Think I boofooed another part

Cut a flat on the -8 prop bolt washers, and as I was tightening them, a couple turned and cut 2 fairly deep smilies in the spinner plate..I polished it out, but the metal has an indentation now..Should I replace this part, or would adding a little aluminum braze be ok? Also, the -7 washers are only slightly smaller, but the bolt hole is too small for a 360 prop bolt. Any problem with machining the hole to proper size to accept the bolts..or should I continue with the flat on the 2 inch washers?..Any thoughts appreciated..(sorry for the "wall of text")....

Back