What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop and Gov Question

Kenny Gene

Well Known Member
Question-I'm thinking of putting a C/S on my plane and was thinking of a Whirlwind 200RV prop because of weight and cost?? Comments appreciated.

Welcome Kenny!

I talked to Kevin at American Propeller after they started selling WW props. I valued his opinion, since American sells and services all brands of propellers. I wound up being very convinced and have purchased a Whirlwind 200RV from them. However, my opinion isn't worth much, since I'm not flying yet.

Do a search of the archives. There are several threads on the subject.

Regards,
Guy

I did the same thing..

I just completed my WW200RV installation (8 with an IO360) and it has made a new plane for me. I have nothing but kind things to say about Gregg at Whirlwind and Kevin at American Propeller was also deeply involved.
PM me if you want to talk about the help they gave me.

Great folks to work with and the prop so far is more than I hoped for.

Great choice

You'll love the prop. Be sure to get it dynamically balanced as soon as practical after you get flying. The smoothness is unequalled.

The service from Titan is great. I've got 300 hours on mine now. After the initial couple of issues with the spinner backplate the prop has been trouble free. Those issues have been resolved.

I have found the "sweet spot" for my plane/engine combination is 2400 RPM.

Check the Propellor section for more information and more detailed threads.

Last edited:
Back