What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Product Review - Stewart Systems Ekostrip

Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
I tried Stewart's Ekostrip on some small parts this evening. Very impressed. It lifted the (mystery) paint in patches almost immediately, and the first application (and a 2 hour wait) removed something like 75% of the paint. A second application took care of the rest.

The product is advertised as non-caustic and biodegradable. I can tell you that when it (surprise!) ate through my nitrile gloves, it did not burn my hands (unlike what would have happened with a traditional stripper).

This product seems every bit as effective as some of the really nasty strippers I've used in the past, so I 'd use it again.

BTW, I poured some in an old (paper) epoxy mixing cup which contained cured epoxy. It ate the epoxy. So I wouldn't use it on fiberglass, but might use it to remove errant drops of resin from aluminum surfaces.

EKO strip perfotmance hint

Use thin plastic shheet like dry cleaning bags ( clingy ) to cover the stripper. It holds the moisture in and makes this stuff really work. Don't be bashful about putting it on heavy. It will save you a second application where it was thin.

I used it to take off Dupont Imron and found out the hardway how important the plastic and heavy coating can be, but it worked great.

Back