What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Problems. HS 405 to HS 710. Edge distance

Bruce

Well Known Member
Friend
This is the only mess up I made on the HS (So Far). I backdrilled the HS 405 to the HS 710 and one side is great and this side is 1/16th from outside of hole to edge. Way below the required distance but I need to know what to do.

Option #1- Put -4 in it and call it a day?
Option #2- Buy new HS 405, HS 702 and HS 710

I will post pictures when I get them downloaded.

Thanks,

Bruce Pauley
RV 7A
Kitlog
my.php

my.php

I had a similar problem, not quite to your dimensions so I emailed vans and confessed all. The response I got was positive, keep building. The edge clearance on the 710/714 is more important than the edge distance on 405.

Do email [email protected] for help on the matter. If they say new pieces then do it. Dont feel bad, this step isnt the clearest and the dimensions on Sec D-D really arent much use and require alot of interpolation. Best to test fit the pieces in the skin and mark and measure many times on both sides of the spar to ensure minimum edge distance on all pieces involved.

Simon Hitchen said:
I had a similar problem, not quite to your dimensions so I emailed vans and confessed all. The response I got was positive, keep building. The edge clearance on the 710/714 is more important than the edge distance on 405.
Ditto! Been there done that!

Press ON

Bruce Reynolds at Vans said to press on if that is the only hole that wasn't aligned properly.

Thanks to Simon and Brad for their thoughts.

Pressing ON

Bruce Pauley
Rowlett TX
Kitlog

Back