What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pro Seal Screw Up

330Jock

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have been so careful before I cut, drill, deburr, dimple, or countersink.
I re-read the plans and the manual 2 or 3 times before I proceed, making sure everything makes sense to me before I proceed. Never thought that deeply about priming everything at the same time when I had great weather. You see it coming don't you. There I was fat dumb and happy priming outside in 70 degree weather in December. Looks great too! Only problem I primed both my trailing edge on the rudder and the wedge. Pro Seal will never stick to primer will it? I guess I'll be stripping all of that off tomorrow unless you guys have a brilliant plan B! At least no metal was permanently injured!!

No worries. The pro-seal is only there to tack the pieces together during riveting. The rivets hold everything together, not the sealant.

John Siebold

Out of pure dumb omission I neglected to pro-seal my trailing edge. Turned out fine.

As Steve said, Pro Seal will stick to anything that isnt currently in liquid state. Ive used Pro-Seal (well at work its called 8802) on rubber, metal and everything in between.

Oh yeah it will stick to anything and gets on everything! I ordered some a while back and when I hung up the phone I had some on my ear:eek:

Bird

Thanks for the quick answers guys! Just to be straight, don't try removing primer and just build on, because the pro seal will work just fine on my primed trailing edge and wedge. Right?!

You got it.
I did the same on my 7 and it`s fine. Primed all parts then used proseal to hold it straight before riveting.

Just remember not to prime when you get to the fuel tanks!

Back