What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pro-Seal Expiration

Naruto

Well Known Member
My unopened quart of pro seal expired this month and I still have one more fuel tank to do. Is the quart still good or do I need to buy a new one from Vans? I really hate to waste $40 bucks if I can still use my unopened pro seal.

Use It!

The expiration date on pro-seal is very conservative. In addition, if you keep it refrigerated, it will last for years.

I went ahead and used my expired Pro-Seal. Mine hasn't seen gas in the tanks yet so I may have gas dripping on the floor before it is all over. So far so good. But, I also used all auto racing grade Aeroquip pressure hose fittings so I guess what doesn't leak out from the expired Pro-Seal will leak out from the NON AN fittings.

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A Finishing up all the little details.

If the stuff Van is selling is still MC-236-B2 as long as it is not too stiff to work with and it sets up it's ok to use. That is the words from the chemist who developed it while working at Morton-Thiokol.

It is the MC-236-B2 from Vans. I have been keeping it in the basement and its pretty darn cold down there this winter. Looks like I don't have an excuse to keep putting off the second fuel tank so I better finish it off so I can move forward on the rest of the wings.

Leaks

What is the best stuff to use on a drip from the fuel tank. I have seen pro-seal in its different types. Is there anything else..? Since it will be used in a tank that already has fuel; does the tank have to be primed in the area of the leak. Which is best....something that hardens or stays elastic.....
Dont want chunks a year from now.....

?????

Back