What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Price of Rotax engine going up

H_Pham

Saw it mentioned in RANS forum that price of Rotax engines will go up by 5% after July 1st. Don't know if it's a decision by Rotax or RANS. Hope Vans locked up the price for the -12 builders waiting for the Engine Kit.

Last edited:
engine cost

Curious as to how you expect vans to lock down pricing set by their vendor. I wish I could do that in my business. I would think the exchange rate difference could be plus or minus a few percent depending on how the dollar is fairing at the time.

Curious as to how you expect vans to lock down pricing set by their vendor. I wish I could do that in my business. I would think the exchange rate difference could be plus or minus a few percent depending on how the dollar is fairing at the time.
From what I hear, they have already purchased about 50 of the little gems- the wharehouse is supposedly full of them. If that is true, that's how you get the price locked in. Buy them before the price increase! Steve

Back