What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pressure Xducers

flyboy143

Just received sensor kit for Lycoming engine.

Among the sensors there are two Xducers listed on inventory sheet.

How do I tell apart (they are not labeled) the 150 psi oil pressure switch from the 30 psi manifold pressure switch. They look identical connector and all?

The vans kit includes a fuel flow transducer and the Lycoming kit also includes one. Are they the same?

Get out your magnifying glass. They are labeled, just very hard to see. I had the same problem. :rolleyes:

Just received sensor kit for Lycoming engine.

Among the sensors there are two Xducers listed on inventory sheet.

How do I tell apart (they are not labeled) the 150 psi oil pressure switch from the 30 psi manifold pressure switch. They look identical connector and all?

The vans kit includes a fuel flow transducer and the Lycoming kit also includes one. Are they the same?

Also, you need to select the correct transducer when setting up your engine instruments in the avionics. That one was a head scratcher until I discovered the oil pressure sensor was configured with the wrong range from the panel builder.

Yes, they are the same "red cube" fuel flow transducers; from what I've read, they can fail given the high temps where they are mounted near the exhaust, so I kept my extra one. To help with longevity, in addition to the shielding described in the manual, wrap the red cube in a flexible heat barrier.

Regarding the pressure sensors: my box came with two of the 150psi ones by mistake (rectified by SteinAir, no problem) - just be certain you have the right ones by confirming the numbers as mentioned above.

_Alex

Back