What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Presision Airmotive Eagle EMS W/ GRT EIS

BigT

I'm New Here
Having trouble with RPM and FF output using Eagle EMS and GRT/EIS, IO360. Have received difference answers from PA and GRT. ( Both companies have been great in trying to resolve the issue.) I used 1K resistor, one each, RPM, FF + 12V, as per PA...Allen. Zero reading on EIS for both, engine running , Talked to Dennis at PA was told that was wrong to use +5V input as the Eagle system does not like 12V. Before changing I called Nick at GRT he stated that perhaps using +5V their EIS may not recognize the lower voltage, he's checking and now waiting for an answer. While waiting I did some more reading of info from PA. Found a statement telling to use a 5K resistor and +5V input for RPM and FF. Before I start changing things around. Is anyone using Presision Airmotive EMS and GRT EIS and getting RPM and FF on the EIS from the EMS, if so, I would appreciate any help getting this setup. (resistor's used, voltage etc.) Thanks in advance, Terry
Again, both companies have been great, I'm just a little comfused.

Terry-

Sorry, I don't have a GRT. My Eagle EMS was configured to run with TruTrak EFIS and engine monitor. I followed the instructions found in the PDF file 'RPM-FLOW-CAL.pdf'. It shows adding a 1k ohm resistors between the EMS data and engine monitor. I did that and both RPM and Fuel Flow work. With my TruTrak system, I had to go into the software and sync the RPM to a '2' pulse feed. That was it.

RPM is very accurate. Fuel flow is only accurate at a specific RPM. I have it set to show at 2450 RPM. Go faster and you are using slightly more fuel. Go slower and you are using a bit less. Close enough since I know the margin of error.

If you don't have that PDF file, shoot me a PM with your email address.

Last edited:
EMS PDF

Thanks Peter, I just need to know if 12V+ is used to the resistors or the 5V+ supplied from the instrument. Thanks , Terry

Back