What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Preparing to build

flyfast44

I am planning to start the Rv-10 next Spring. Can anyone point me to a thread or someone's web site on "Things to do to get ready". This would include setting up the garage and organizing things in general, tools, etc. I'm planning the QB. Thanks.

I am planning to start the Rv-10 next Spring. Can anyone point me to a thread or someone's web site on "Things to do to get ready". This would include setting up the garage and organizing things in general, tools, etc. I'm planning the QB. Thanks.
Study Tim's site http://www.myrv10.com/ and Deems site http://www.deemsrv10.com/ until you have them almost memorized.
In my openior the best places to start. They will link you to just about all the rest of the RV-10 community.

Google "Divorce lawyer"? :D

Just kidding but make sure your family knows and agrees to your work schedule or you will be looking up divorce lawyers.

I would get home from work, eat dinner, kiss my wife, and go into the shop until 11 PM every day. It takes one very understanding spouse to put up with that kind of schedule.

And then again, my spouse likes it that I'm not bugging her in the evenings after dinner, but yet I'm only a few steps away in the work shop if she needs anything.

She loves to poke fun at my project every chance she gets, but she's actually quite supportive. Either way - full disclosure is highly recommended...

Welcome Cliff. I highly recommend garage setup to include some kind of air conditioning. You're welcome to come checkout my setup that I'm enjoying very much. I'll talk your ear off about RVs and show you all kinds of standard cool tools.

It is helpful if you create a profile signature if you're going to hang around these parts much.

Cheers,
Scott

I second the air conditioning for the garage, a dehumidifier helps as well. Make sure you have plenty of plugs for power 110V and 220V, shelves and benches, a digital camera to document, a high speed internet connection for research and ordering, a tungsten bucking bar, a pneumatic squeezer and an understanding wife. :D

Greg, Scott, Nigel, Todd, Gary, and Bill,
Thanks so much for all the advice. It helps so much. Its exciting but seems like such a big task ahead. One step at a time.

Cliff

Back