What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

precision(bendix)FI and cable set up

pat

Well Known Member
Im looking for pics for the throttle and mix cable set up, coming from a quadrant set up. I have the Horiz induction. I know it needs reversed somehow and I have the brackets installed just not sure how to reverse motion at the arms on the FI. thanks,

throttle and mixture linkage

Hope this helps...

throttlearm.jpg

THROTTLE ARM: Had to use the straight arm because of the 4 into 1 exhaust
throttlebrkt.jpg

THROTTLE BRACKET: Had to make this.
mixturelinkage.jpg

MIXTURE LINKAGE:
mixbrkt.jpg

MIXTURE LINKAGE AFT BRACKET:
backmixbrkt.jpg

BACK SIDE OF AFT BRACKET:

Good pic's

Mine is installed the same way.

Van's sells the mixture bell crank and bracket assembly. Works fine, but needs a shorter quadrant cable than they tell you. I used a 52 1/2" cable on it ( which is one of the standard lengths available).

Van's also sells the throttle cable mount bracket, but it is not as stiff/sturdy as one might like. You will probably need the straight (not dog legged) throttle arm, to get more clearance for the cable on the exhaust. (I have Vetterman cross-over) The folks at Precision will do a straight swap for you for free (which is good, because the arm list price is stupidly expensive) My throttle quadrant cable also needed to be shorter than they tell you, I used a 55".

My quadrant set up is completely per plans, so I don't know why they make the cable length recommendations that they do. I ended up with 48" for the prop control, 52.5" for the mixture, and 55" for the throttle.

Hope that gives you a good head start.

Back