What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prebuy needed 2hrs south of Chicago

punkin

Well Known Member
Title pretty much says it! I'm going out Friday to look at a six that sounds like it needs to come back to Colorado in the near future.

Trying to proactively line up someone who ideally could couple a pre-buy with a compliance inspection. Aircraft is current through the spring, but I figure if we are gonna go through the inspection, why not do whatever is necessary to sign it off for another year?

Thanks,
Scott
[email protected]

It's a safe bet that any newly purchased airplane will need work, no matter how thorough the pre-buy. This is especially true for homebuilts. Expecting to buy and fly with no problems is unrealistic. A good slogan with a Homebuilt is, every flight is a test flight. Works for spam cans, too.

Most of the Prebuy inspections I have done include a test flight. There is usually a list of "if I was buying it I would change/fix this when I get it home" and sometimes but usually not a "I would not fly it away until I fixed this."

Where at? If it's flying weather Friday, I might be able to assist you. I seriously doubt you can do a thorough condition inspection at this time. The difference between a good pre-buy and a condition inspection is substantial.

Randy,
Thank you very much for your gracious time on the phone today. I feel confident that the deal made with a fellow VAF'r will be a great step for my flying future, and it keeps another RV under this roof!

Scott

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. Give me a call any time and good luck with your new bird. Blue skies.

Back