What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prebuy in Alabama?

BladeDoc

I'm New Here
Hello all, I'm a long time lurker who has been seduced by the RV-10 and am looking at buying a flying -10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an A&P experienced in looking at RV's in or about the Muscle Shoals Alabama area (or willing to travel) for a pre-buy inspection?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker who has been seduced by the RV-10 ---------

Thanks in advance!

Bill, welcome:)

I am on the wrong coast, but there should be a lot of qualified folks in your area------Pierre is one that comes to mind.

EAA, if you are not a member, then you need to join. There will be someone in EAA that can help.

Last edited:
Rob 'Smokey' Ray travels between Florida and Texas all the time in his Rocket. When I saw him this morning (52F in DFW) he was on his way to do a prebuy inspection in Wichita, KS and then fly down to Florida.

Vic Syracuse (located in Georgia) might be a short airplane ride away too....

He's an A&P and DAR who's built a RV-4, RV-6, RV-10, RV-7A, Prescott Pusher, Kitfox Model II, and a Kitfox Speedster. He's finishing up a RV-10 right now.

Might be a good close option.

If you want, send me a PM. I'll give his e-mail address to you.

Phil

Last edited:
Steve Raddatz

is in Northern Alabama (Tuscumbia)

He has built at least two RV-10s that I know of.

I bought mine from him.

(256) 443-1915

buying

Ask Steve if he will look at it. He has built a bunch of them. They turn out one about every 4 to 5 months. He is a great guy and really knows the -10.

Sam Buchanan for sure. I don't know if he is an A&P or not, but he definitely knows RVs. I believe he's a moderator for VAF.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I hope to see the plane in person at Sun N' Fun. More info as it progresses.

Back