What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PPG Deltron DBI

fehdxl

Well Known Member
Has anyone used PPG's Deltron Base Interior (DBI) paint? The DBI is very similar to the DBC (Deltron Base Clear), but meant for interior. It's a single-stage (no clear coat) and is flat not glossy.

I ask because I purchased a 3oz sample and sprayed a test area. So far, I'm not impressed with it's durability, but maybe I'm being too particular.

If you have any experience with the DBI, I'd sure like to hear your comments.

Thanks!

-Jim

P.S. Searched the archives...didn't see any reference to the DBI, only the DBC.

Last edited:
ppg dbi

I used dbi on my interior and panel. My only complaint is with the painter who failed to do any prep before spraying. The paint has chipped in places.
Matt

Jim,

Why not just use PPG Concept? There's plenty of experience with that and it's tough as nails. Not sure what the advantage of the DBI stuff is, but the Concept can be shot either single stage or with clear coat. Is the issue with adhesion or durability of the actual finish? Are you shooting over Akzo and if so, what sort of prep are you doing?

I've got some Concept if you want to try it out.

Bob

Jim, I was a little concerned about canopy reflection when I sprayed my interior with a DBC metallic base and a high gloss DCU2021 clear. It's turned out to be a non-issue, so if you don't like the durability of DBI.....

FWIW, 155 hrs, no chips, and we're not real careful with the seat belt buckles.

Thanks guys. The glossy glare is what I was concerned with...seems it's not an issue. I would rather have durable gloss than not-durable flat.

Guess I'll go back to the PPG store and look at more colors.

Thanks again,

-Jim

Back