What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Possible Left Wing Nose Rib Error?

Geico266

Well Known Member
I have not seen this posted before.

Page 15-02 Step #9 = Select one of each of the W-1208-L Nose Ribs and W-1208-R Nose Ribs with the aft and forward trimmed flanges. (These are the two Nose Ribs you attach 3 nutplates one.)

Then on page 15-05 Step #4: Cleco then rivet the forward trimmed W-1208-L Nose Rib with the attached nutplates to the attach angle.

There are holes in main spare to rivet the after flange of the Nose Rib to, but you cut it off in first step I mention above.

The diagram on page 15 shows the missing flange on the part and riveted to the main spare.

Jim! I hope you haven't closed up your left wing yet!

Last edited:
Then on page 15-05 Step #4: Cleco then rivet the forward trimmed W-1208-L Nose Rib with the attached nutplates to the attach angle.

Geico266.. Please clarify. My set says:

Page 15-05 Step #4: Cleco then rivet the forward trimmed W-1208-L Nose Rib to the W-1206-L Spar Assembly and attach angle.

Step #5: Cleco then rivet the forward and aft trimmed W-1208-R Nose Rib with the attached nutplates to the attach angle.

The nose rib with the three nutplates is the most inboard nose rib. You end up attaching the terminal bracket to the nutplates on this rib.

Jeff

Last edited:
Geico266.. Please clarify. My set says:

Page 15-05 Step #4: Cleco then rivet the forward trimmed W-1208-L Nose Rib to the W-1206-L Spar Assembly and attach angle.

Step #5: Cleco then rivet the forward and aft trimmed W-1208-R Nose Rib with the attached nutplates to the attach angle.

The nose rib with the three nutplates is the most inboard nose rib. You end up attaching the terminal bracket to the nutplates on this rib.

Jeff

To clairify my first post; The two inner most nose ribs on the left wing are suppose to have the aft flange removed, however, there is a place on the spare to rivet the second inboard most rib, and the directions call out riveting the aft flange to the spar. That is hard to do when the instructions a few pages before said remove the flange.

Larry, the second one in HAS the aft flange. It faces the other way. Maybe that is an issue.

John Bender

Back