What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Positioning RV-12 for installing fuel lines

Bud Brewer

I'm New Here
I'm new at this. Is it better to remove the aft window and roll the 12 on it's side to install the fuel line, or crawl into the baggage compartment to install the fuel lines? Will the 12 hold up my 190 lbs if I crawl into the baggage compartment? Is their a better 3rd way? Is their a way to access the archives that doesn't require looking through every one, if Im trying to find these aswers, and lessen my need to ask? Thank you,
Bud Brewer

It ought to hold your weight going into the back, but removing the window and turning it on its side is 100x easier! I'd hold off on installing the rear window, and keep it on its side for as long as you can.

Bud,

Position the fuselage on its side and leave it there as long as you can. Everything is easier that way.

As to searches - the search engine is very powerful. Click on "Search" and then "Advanced Search". Look around, try some sample searches. You'll find this an invaluable tool.

John

Back