What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POH Tray

redrv6

Can anyone with a flying RV12 comment on the POH tray? My husband is concerned it will take up too much space and he will hit his knees on it!

Cheers
Shirley

No way you gonna hit your knees against it.
My knees are in front of the panel, not underneath (I'm 6'4").

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Last edited:
Shirley,

On the other hand, I find that the POH fits nicely in the bottom of the glove box, and I rarely find the need to pull it out anyway.

John

You could do a tray on the back of the seat - there is room there. You could also put a cloth pocket on the access panel covering the fuel flow sensor between the two footwells. Abby at Flightline made one for me - the hook-velco sticks to the carpet itself. A laminated checklist card is perhaps better than thumbing through the manual.

Remember, If you are building as E-LSA, any changes from the plans must be approved in writing from Van's Aircraft.

He spent too long at the pointy end of a B767/777....... :D

Hey MEL, funny you should mention that, given the honorary position Shirley holds, she should be well onto that ;)

I'm building Amateur Built Experimental. The RV 12 will be registered VH-YOR so I can make mods if I want to!

I have ordered the POH tray - I can store my mirror and lippy in it if it's not needed for the POH :)

Shirley

Empennage, tail cone, wings complete apart from Skyview mods. Working on centre section.

Hey Shirley

You can change your location now......... ;)

And I knew you would be all over it! Rules wise.

For everyone else wondering what are these guys on..... its all private gags in public ;);)

So I want to know do you toss a coin for the first flight? Or do you just pull rank and tell Andrew he can watch?

Of course I have more RV12 time (in Dick's own) than you do.....maybe I need to come over :D

Back