What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pnuematic Rivet Squeezer Repairs

JonJay

Well Known Member
I have "inherited" several squeezers of various types. They are in good condition in appearance but the actuators need to be gone through.
I contacted the "Yard" and I can ship them to them for evaluation and an estimate of repair. I have always had good luck with them.
Any other suggestions?

I recommend Bob Avery, he offers great service on repairs or great advice on what you need to do even if you aren't sending it to him.

Are you sure?

I have a pneumatic squeezer that I was given and I thought it was shot. It would not squeeze rivets over 4 or 4.5 in length. Then someone explained to me that I probably have the squeezer jaws adjusted to close together and when I opened them up it squeezes just fine. It's a bit counter intuitive, but when they don't seem to want to squeeze any further try opening up the jaws

Thanks Bob.
At some point, it comes down to where I put my time.
Do you know of a good parts source or is it squeezer dependant?

I worked on one not too long ago, disassembled, cleaned, lubed it and I bet I didn't have 20 minutes into the job. I know what you mean about time, but heck it would take that long to box one up.

I am at work, and have the info at home, but I can post later, the name of the man in Tennessee who does all the repairs for the bigger companies, including Avery (at least he used to). Great guy, overhauled mine for next to nothing after looking up the serial number and determining it had come from him to begin with. Glenn

Back