What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pneumatic Squeezer yokes..

dweyant

Well Known Member
I need some assistance please.

I have the clevelandtool pneumatic squeezer.

So far I am quite please with it (and the support). But as I'm working on the rudder, I'm finding that it is not going to reach all of the rivets with the standard 3 inch yoke I bought with the kit.

They of course sell a 4 inch yoke, but it is a bit on the pricey side. I'm not opposed to buying the 4 inch yoke, but like all of us I'd like to get the best bang for my buck.

So my question, is it worth the $145 for the 4 inch yoke, will I need it on other parts of the plane (my slow build wings should arrive in a couple weeks)?

I also notice they have two versions of the 4 inch yoke, a normal one, and a thin nose. Any reason to get one over the other?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan-
Personally, for what its worth, I've found the Longeron yoke and a 2 inch thin nose to be the best bangs for the buck. A 4 inch yoke is heavy and pretty cumbersome to use. I'd much rather buck rivets than use a 4 inch yoke.

While not an absolute requirement, the no hole yoke sure makes several tight spots easy. I don't think I used it on any of the SB fuselage and could probably sell it for 80% of my cost but what the heck, I like tools and I'm not afraid to admit it.

DSC00708.JPG

I thought long and hard about the money for the pnuematic squeezer and the yokes. I knew I could do without. I ended up buying the squeezer and three yokes. 3", 4" no-hole and a longeron. This was so far the best decision made on the project. You will find that during the entire build you will use all of these alot. Like Larry said they can be sold later.

Yep ...

...I did the same as Mark. The 4" no-hole yoke was a good decision. Had a number of times where it was the only tool that worked, either for the no hole feature or the 4" reach.

Same here. 3", 4" no-hole, and Longeron. There is a time and place for each.

Same here plus I've got a 1.5" with a highly ground down nose that I use quite a bit for tight spots. Came with the squeezer that I bought used here a couple of years ago.

DSC00744.JPG

Thanks for all of the replies!

It sounds like I'll probably order the 4inch no hole, and the longeron yokes.

-Dan

Pneumatic Squeezer model number question

Does anyone have experience with the 251 or 351 series of Pneumatic Squeezers from CP? Are the yokes interchangeable with the 214 models?

Would people recommend the C vs the A (Allagator) versions.

Thank you in advance for the responses

Back