What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pneumatic Squeezer Top Tip

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
If you have seen the light and have a pneumatic squeezer, bear in mind the pressure that it works at.

I set my air line at two pressures - 85psi for general outlets, I also have a dedicated low pressure outlet set to 45psi with an additional trap filter for spraying.

I have an air receiver around 35 US gallons - 150ltrs. The pump does 14CFM.

However, when you watch what the pressure regulator does between cycles, you may be surprised. If you leave it as stock, the pressure may drop as low as 60lbs before the compressor kicks in. You can adjust it is you wish.

As it falls, the squeezer just won't quite get those rivets as snug as you would like, especially if you are on #4, long rivets.

So, if you are doing bigger rivets, make sure the tank is topped off and the pressure is up :D

This is really great advice.

I have the same setup you do with high and low pressure lines. I noticed my high pressure gauge would drop a little bit down from 90 right before the air compressor would kick in. Turns out the air compressor was set to refill at around 85 PSI. Not a huge difference, but enough to warrant turning it up a little.

I now cycle between around 92 and 140 PSI in the tank, so my high pressure line is constant.

Back