What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plug-in power cord question

LarryT

Well Known Member
I've re-posted because I incorrectly posted in the General Discussion section.

The 12V rechargeable Cooler/Warmer I purchsed at a "going out of business" sale turned out to be a well-disguised "open box" missing the cigarette lighterpower adapter.

Will any power adapter work? I don't want to start an in-flight fire, but would like to eat real, not freeze-dried food when going airplane camping.

Battery specs:

Orema Power Co. Ltd. Model UN6-6; 6V6Ah valve regulated sealed lead battery.

Constant Voltage Charge:
Cycle use: 7.25 - 7.45V
Standby use: 6.8 - 6.9V
Initial current: less than 1.5 A

The cord for my AV8OR says 5V 1.5A. Do they all step down the 12V source?

Larry

The harder part...

...is probably getting a device with the correct plug at the cooler end.

My cooler has a reversible plug color coded blue and red. One way it's a cooler, the other way it's a heater...:)

I've re-posted because I incorrectly posted in the General Discussion section.

The 12V rechargeable Cooler/Warmer I purchsed at a "going out of business" sale turned out to be a well-disguised "open box" missing the cigarette lighterpower adapter.

Will any power adapter work? I don't want to start an in-flight fire, but would like to eat real, not freeze-dried food when going airplane camping.

Battery specs:

Orema Power Co. Ltd. Model UN6-6; 6V6Ah valve regulated sealed lead battery.

Constant Voltage Charge:
Cycle use: 7.25 - 7.45V
Standby use: 6.8 - 6.9V
Initial current: less than 1.5 A

The cord for my AV8OR says 5V 1.5A. Do they all step down the 12V source?

Larry

Cooler/Warmer has a sliding switch..

Hot-Off-Cold. There is a small PCB in the vicinity of the switch. I suppose the polarity is handled by it.

If I have the right voltage going in couldn't I just crimp hollow pins on the cooler end to slide over the solid pins. If I hooked it up backward I could just slide the switch the other way. That's something I don't need to test in the car - I have a 3A max bench test power supply unit.

I wish the manufacturer would (could) sell me a service part, but like most consumer stuff it's a Chinese-made disposable product.

Larry

Back