What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plenum

Pete177

I'm New Here
Morning All,

I read a post recently where the builder was lamenting the fact that a he couldn't find a source for a cooling plenum for his engine. We have developed and produce a cooling plenum for the Lycoming IO/O 360 variants should anyone be interested. www.teamtango.com

Peter Mercuro
Director, Business Development
Team Tango
732-801-4829

Looks interesting. Here's a direct link to the info page: http://www.teamtango.com/Team_Tango_files/PlenumChamber.htm

IMAG0049.JPG

Somebody try this out on an RV before I get to the baffles! ;)

mcb

more info?

Pete,
How about some more info and more pics and a price?
I couldn't find it on the website......
Thanks Matt for finding a picture to post.

Too late for me

Morning All,

I read a post recently where the builder was lamenting the fact that a he couldn't find a source for a cooling plenum for his engine.

It was I who was trying to locate the source. Eventually I ended with DIY one. I had to redo it once because I didn't liked the clearance of 1/4 in two spots.
That's what I have now. Was time consuming but a lot of fun. Worth doing.

plenumforward.jpg

plenum1.jpg

Hi Bob,

Just go to www.teamtango.com and click on the "options" link on the left frame and scroll down to "plenum chamber". Right now price is $375. We just developed the angle valve plenum so prices are not written in stone as yet. That includes the drawings to make the little metal pieces that fit in front of 1&2 and behind 3&4. There may need to be some inlet modification done by the builder so the plenum inlets better fit the rv inlets.

Peter Mercuro
Team Tango
732-801-4829

Pete,

Looks good Vlad:) I own an old Mooney with the dog house plenum made of aluminum. The dog house develops cracks at a rate that is truly alarming:) I'm getting close to dropping one of our plenums on the engine:)

It was I who was trying to locate the source. Eventually I ended with DIY one. I had to redo it once because I didn't liked the clearance of 1/4 in two spots.
That's what I have now. Was time consuming but a lot of fun. Worth doing.

plenumforward.jpg

plenum1.jpg

Very Nice

Got ours from Jeff Bordelon.

Great guy to deal with, plenum fitted well to standard Vans baffles, no problems.

Haven't flown yet, but do not anticipate any snags, well thought out, nice unit.

http://www.jeffsrv-7a.com/

Vlad and Jeff both have done very nice work!!!
Jeff has a wonderful set of pictures of the creation of his plenum.

Mike, are you inferring that Jeff is selling duplicates of his plenum???
I didn't see any reference to that on his website?
Sure looks nice!

Argh! where were you six months ago!?!?!?!?

Oh, I wish you had done this six months ago and/or I had known of this - I would have bought one for sure!

Sigh.

Hi Bob,

Just go to www.teamtango.com and click on the "options" link on the left frame and scroll down to "plenum chamber". Right now price is $375. We just developed the angle valve plenum so prices are not written in stone as yet. That includes the drawings to make the little metal pieces that fit in front of 1&2 and behind 3&4. There may need to be some inlet modification done by the builder so the plenum inlets better fit the rv inlets.

Peter Mercuro
Team Tango
732-801-4829

Morning All,

I read a post recently where the builder was lamenting the fact that a he couldn't find a source for a cooling plenum for his engine. We have developed and produce a cooling plenum for the Lycoming IO/O 360 variants should anyone be interested. www.teamtango.com

Peter Mercuro
Team Tango
732-801-4829
I want one! What is the price and current delivery time? Can you offer any other photos? Thanks

I want one! What is the price and current delivery time? Can you offer any other photos? Thanks

Hi Bob,
Peter Mercuro
Team Tango 732-801-4829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Martin View Post
Pete,
Jim,
I asked the same question yesterday and Peter responded with the above!
Still no more details or pictures, but the price is $375. Thanks Peter!

Hi Bob,
Sorry no pics or drawings yet, I haven't been to the build center since your first post. I generally split my time between the office and the build center. I find that when I'm there I tend to go off and play airplane instead of taking care of the business end of things:) I probably should have been more clear, if you'd like to order one or talk to the plenum designer call the center at (352) 528-0982 and ask for Denny or Pete (not me, a different Pete). Denny is the chief operating officer. They can take your order and get one out to you. Shoot me an email and let me know you've ordered one and I can make sure it gets built and out right away. Being an aircraft manufacturer we tend to concentrate on that side of things:) The plenums are new so I'm fairly certain we don't have any drawings for them as yet other than the drawings for the metal flanges one needs at each end.
When you order your plenum give them the dimensions of your inlets and maybe the distance from your front cylinders to the inlets and I imagine the guys can get them a pretty close fit allowing for little modification by the builder.

Peter Mercuro
Team Tango
732-801-4829
(352) 528-0982 Build Center

Hi Bob,
Peter Mercuro
Team Tango 732-801-4829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Martin View Post
Pete,
Jim,
I asked the same question yesterday and Peter responded with the above!
Still no more details or pictures, but the price is $375. Thanks Peter!

Jeff did one for us, however he then sold his airplane and I haven't heard anything since.

Was talking about producing them.

It fit very well, I haven't flown yet but am not expecting any snags with it.

Yes, you have quite a few screws, no you can't take the plugs out with it on, no I'm not bothered - it saved a lot of hassle over the silicone baffles.

Morning All,

We'd like to borrow a -7 -8 so we can develop a plenum that would be a simple bolt on for owners of those airplanes. We'd have the plane for maybe two weeks and the owner would get a free plenum out of the deal. If you're interested, give us a call at (352) 528-0982 and ask for Denny. We're based at x60, Williston, FL.
Additionally, our EAA chapter is having a pancake breakfast this Saturday morning and we're expecting several RV's from the local area. Our airplanes will also be available.

Peter Mercuro
Team Tango
732-801-4829
(352) 528-0982 Build Center

Back