What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plastic brake lines fittings & inserts

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Page 27-04 step 5. The drawings and arrows show 3 90 deg elbows and 1 45 deg one the left master cylinders, but the text says "F-69-F-04X2 (two 90 deg). Looking ahead, other drawings show 3 90 deg elbows so I assume this is another typo that never got fixed?

May have found a better way to do the metal inserts for the plastic lines. Instead of putting the sleeve 1/8" from the end (tried that several times) I moved it down about an inch or so. Heated tubing and insert went in fairly easily. The I set the sleeve between the well padded (rubber, actually) jaws of my vise (just drop it in, don't squeeze!), put a piece of dowel on the end of the tubing and tapped it gently until the end was 1/8" from the sleeve. Anybody see any problem with this as long as the sleeve isn't scratched or deformed?

Wayne 120241

Page 27-04 step 5. The drawings and arrows show 3 90 deg elbows and 1 45 deg one the left master cylinders, but the text says "F-69-F-04X2 (two 90 deg). Looking ahead, other drawings show 3 90 deg elbows so I assume this is another typo that never got fixed?

May have found a better way to do the metal inserts for the plastic lines. Instead of putting the sleeve 1/8" from the end (tried that several times) I moved it down about an inch or so. Heated tubing and insert went in fairly easily. The I set the sleeve between the well padded (rubber, actually) jaws of my vise (just drop it in, don't squeeze!), put a piece of dowel on the end of the tubing and tapped it gently until the end was 1/8" from the sleeve. Anybody see any problem with this as long as the sleeve isn't scratched or deformed?

Wayne 120241

I know I reported this problem to Vans when Marty, John, & I found it . Looks like they have not fixed it yet.

I don't think your idea will not cause any problems.

Back