What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Place to go for a Guy's weekend?

N941WR

Legacy Member
There seems to be a number of places out west where you can fly into camp, shoot guns (and sh#$), etc.

But no such place exists in the southeast, that we know of.

Do any of you know of a place where three or four RV's can land and hang out for a weekend?

Oh man.....

I want in on this one. I love RV's, guns, beer, BBQ, and lying about all of the above.

Depending on what you like to shoot there is a pretty active idpa and ihmsa group here. South east of town at south river gun club they have a fantastic outdoor Idpa groove, I think it's the 4th Sunday. Generally 7 courses of fire. I shoot the m&p 9 pro. Gainsville north of atl has idpa as well and also has ihmsa 1st sat. I shot Dan Wesson .22 and .44 mag revolvers in field pistol. They don't shoot out to big bore distances :-(

If you just want to blow stuff up that's cool too. I love hitting a water Mellon at 200 yards with a 240 hollow point .44 revolver round ( that's iron sights and off hand lol)

Last edited:
It's under your nose..

Beaufort, S.C. has Hunting Island State park..camping, hiking, and so on.

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingisland/huntingisland-things.aspx

I'll be there this weekend in my -10 and I'll check on shooting places.

Tim Verroi..RV-6 owner, has the Sensible car rental facility in the terminal and is a friend of mine.

I leave an extended cab F-150 at the airport that you can use at other times but we're using it this weekend, towing my Boston Whaler, fishing and so on.

Best,

All you could ask for plus a free rodeo on Saturday nights is available at 2RR (River Ranch) Florida. 5 swimming pools, hotel or apartment homes, church, horses, skeet and rifle range, aircraft rides and a 5000 ft runway. One of the best getaways for the weekends.

Taylorsville, GA

Private fly-in camping. I'll roll whole hog sized smoker down. BYOB, BYOG. Everything's free.

Back