What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot line

herve-RV7

Hi All,
I'm wondering where to route my pitot line in the fuselage.
Thanks in advance for your comments / experiences on this topic.

Herve-
I just looked up this question a few days ago. Sorry I don't have the exact links, but if you type in "pitot line route" into the search engine you'll come up with a few good suggestions. Good luck.

Route it along the left side of the fuselage, through the bulkheads. Then above the arm rest underneath the canopy side rail. If you are installing an ADI II then you need to run two static lines otherwise it might hunt in altitude mode.

Jan, you're thinking 'static' lines. The pitot comes in near the left fuel and vent lines. On my -6A I routed it so that the connection was in the wing root with the other lines. Inside the fuselage, I routed it up what would be the -7's F-902-L to behind the panel.

with the wiring is easy

If your using the stuff from safe-air instead of aluminum, why not just route it along wth the wiring... Through the spar, along the front of the center section, and up the center floor channel. You probably already have a grommet to dedicate to the pitot line on the front of the center section.

The pitot static kit from SafeAir is great. I ripped out my aluminum lines because their kit is just a better design: lighter, less likely to leak, easier to route.

Don

RV6 Option

Here is what I did on my -6. The aluminum pitot probe tube runs along the front of the spar so I routed it forward along the fuselage under the wing to fuselage fairing and passed it though the skin just aft of the left hand F-602 "bulkhead". All I need now is a short run of plastic tubing secured to the F-602 and up to the ASI on the top left of the panel.

pitot1yh4.jpg

pitot2yp6.jpg

Jim Sharkey

Back