What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot AOA Routing

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I'd like to get my pitot and AOA lines run to the back of the plane where the Dynon AHRS will be located. However, I am not sure of the best way to get them back there.

My plan is as horribly illustrated below. Once they come in from the wing to jog over to the second bay in the seating area (to avoid any possible interacton with the flap linkages) and then to drill a couple of holes above the rear spar to get them below the floor in the baggage area.

Any reason why this will not work? Or is there a better way to get them back there?

Thanks,
Jason

28qxhu9.jpg

(Jog into the second bay)

2wqcpcy.jpg

(Black circles represent hole locations)

105tl09.jpg

(Dynon AHRS mount)

This is similar to what I did with my HRII. I ran pitot, aoa and a bundle of wires in one hole. These all support each other when laced together.

You may also want to consider running the static line forward to install an alternate static source valve. In this case, you should not run it along the floor... the low point of the alternate static system should be the valve itself so that any moisture will run to the valve. Thus, the valve becomes a drain as well as the alternate source.

I ran my alternate static line just under the top longerons.

Vern

I routed mine aft in the first bay with one #7 bushing at the spar bulkhead (above the spar reinf.) and two #4 bushings thru the baggage bulkhead. I plan to put 90 degree quick fittings just after they pass thru the baggage bulkhead to avoid the tight bend required to miss the ELT mounting. In the pics I have just completed the initial run but have not added fittings or secured the lines. My Adahrs trays are mounted like yours but only about 8 inches behind the baggage bulkhead. This is my first try at uploading pics so we'll see how that goes.
20shls7.jpg

2gvmp6u.jpg

Last edited:
Pitot routing

Thanks you guys both have good ideas for routing the pitot and AOA tubing aft for the Dynon ADAHRS. I too am just now doing this. Does anyone else have a good rounting suggesting for getting the Pitot and AOA tubing from wing root to aft of the baggage area? Thanks for posting photos.

Back