What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot and Static forward of the wing spar

Anyone route their pitot and static lines through the spar instead of under the canopy rails? If so how did you route the lines forward of the wing spar? I guess the choices are some what limited, either up the covered plate area between the PIC and PAS on the floor or up the gear weldment to the out board side panels... both have their respective challenges.

Pictures or links would be greatly appreciated.

- Jim

RVPilotDotCom said:
Anyone route their pitot and static lines through the spar instead of under the canopy rails? If so how did you route the lines forward of the wing spar? I guess the choices are some what limited, either up the covered plate area between the PIC and PAS on the floor or up the gear weldment to the out board side panels... both have their respective challenges.

I ran mine down the left side underneath the bottom aluminum angle (next to where the carpet sits), then up the firewall and back to the instruments. I used narrow (1/8"? 3/16"?) nyloseal tubing.

Back