What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitch Servo Bracket?? (VA-184A)

Phil

Well Known Member
I'm looking at 39-9 and I see a mounting bracket for the TruTrak pitch servo. The part number is VA-184A.

If you want the part, you need to order it from Vans. But if you search Van's webstore, that part doesn't exist.

Does Vans still make/sell it? Are there any other options that exist?

Thanks,
Phil

Mine came from TruTrak with my servos; until you pointed out the plans reference I didn't know it had a Van's part number. I'd suggest you contact TruTrak.

Does the Trutrak bracket seem to resemble Vans bracket on 39-9?

Thanks,
Phil

The bracket was originally part of the kit, but TruTrack make their own bracket, so the original unit was not needed. I still have the Vans unit somewhere in the hangar.

I suspect that Vans has just discontinued supplying it.

IIRC, the servo was re-designed, and the original bracket did not work.

Thanks Mike and Co.

Sounds like I need to lob a call into Trutrak or a dealer and get one headed this way.

On a side note, I place my order for the finishing kit today (minus the nose wheel and axle - going straight to Matco for those). Another step closer. :)

The QB fuse sure doesn't take long once you get focused on it. I should be wrapping up the fuse kit about the time the finish kit arrives.

Phil

The QB fuse sure doesn't take long once you get focused on it. I should be wrapping up the fuse kit about the time the finish kit arrives.

Phil

Do yourself a favor, and do not rivet on the top forward skin until you have the panel done.

I was hoping to do that...

Does that cause any issue with getting the cabin top/windscreen fitted and secured?

Vans reply

I asked Vans about doing that part last, they said no problem. I've got it clecoed on good right now working the cowling, so sure hope it's not a problem.

Dwight

I was hoping to do that...

Does that cause any issue with getting the cabin top/windscreen fitted and secured?

Nope, my upper fuselage assembly has been off for weeks. I had it on when I drilled all the holes for mounting the cabin cover to the fuselage, then it's been off since.

I'm holding off all the windows until the last possible moment.

bob

Does the Trutrak bracket seem to resemble Vans bracket on 39-9?

Thanks,
Phil

Sorry I missed the post yesterday. Yes, the TruTrak bracket is at least similar to the Van's bracket. You can download their .pdf files from their site for the pitch servo installation in a -10 to see their hardware. Also, it's not in their drawing but the pivot point on the pitch idler bellcrank that the servo attaches to is 2.5" from the bellcrank bearing and .25" aft of a line drawn from the bearing center to the aft pushrod attachment. I got the info from another thread on these forums.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

1) I'll leave the upper fuse off until the very last minute.
2) I'll talk to Trutrak about the brackets..

Phil

Back