What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PIREP: The Yard Store

digidocs

Well Known Member
I recently ordered a bunch of tools from the Yard. Their prices were a bit lower than at Avery, Cleaveland, etc. so I was a bit hesitant about the quality. It turns out that my concern was unjustified. What came in the mail today was a roughly 50/50 mix of USA and Taiwan tools, and only 1-2 items that looked "chinese". All in all I was impressed with their service and tool quality.

Detailed summary:
* Dimple dies $15 (Taiwan)- look good, haven't tried them yet
* 11pc squeezer dies $20 - All universal dies new, flushes not listed as new but no wear, marks, etc
* 3.5" 3/32, 1/8 straight sets $5.5 (USA) - well machined, polished ends
* No-mar backshooter $18 - Smooth sliding action, excellent machine work, includes extra pins
* 670 bucking bar $13.5 - Polished ends, good quality casting, no sharp edges
* #40 countersink $5.5 - looks fine
* Cleco pliers $5 (Taiwan) - Rubber grip, made by Cleko-lok
* 3/32 and 1/8 clecos $0.40 (USA) - Kwik-lok brand
* 12" Vixen file $9 - bigger than I imagined, mediocre quality due to rough edges
* 6pc mini file set $4 (4x England, 1x Swiss, 1x USA) - really cool assortment of nice files
* 10 hole rivet fan $21 (Taiwan) - smooth action, markings for various rivet spacings
* Brass "clicking T style" regulator $10 - Body is irregular and looks cheap, action and inside are fine
* 3/32" pin punch $4 (USA) - looks good
* Vise-Grip Seaming Pliers $18 (USA) - Irwin Vise-Grip brand, does not appear to be welded (one-piece), inside edge radius may need to be increased

Hope this helps somebody save a little money on tools. It appears that the best deals are their "combo" items like the squeezer set and the file set --- both are very good quality for the money.

-DC

Back